We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Raspberry Reward - a domestic variety bred in Nizhny Novgorod and zoned for most regions of our country, as well as for Udmurtia. Originators recommend it for cultivation in the Non-Chernozem zone of Russia. Parent couple - varieties Kolkhoznitsa and Lloyd George.
High-yielding mid-early raspberries The award forms mid-sized semi-spreading shrubs. The number of shoots is average. Shoots without pubescence, with a wax coating, 1.5-2 m long. In the fall they become reddish. Annual shoots are thickened, with long internodes. The thorns are dark purple, long, with a thickened base, located mainly on the lower part of the plant. The leaves are medium or large, wrinkled, mostly five-leafed.
Fruits are medium sized, dull red, oval-conical. The average weight of a fully ripened berry does not exceed 2-3 g. The drupe is medium-sized, medium-sized. A flesh of dessert flavor, with a slight aroma. Average productivity indicators are 85-110 kg / ha. Transportability is bad.
Frost resistance is high. The variety is often affected by didimella and anthracnose, and therefore requires timely prevention. Resistance to the most harmful viral diseases and growth is low.
How to plant raspberries
A self-made middle-early raspberry Award is demanding care. Agricultural technology involves planting varieties in spring or autumn, subject to the following recommendations:
- Planting holes or trenches must be fertilized with humus with wood ash, and also moisturized with high quality. Nitrogen-containing fertilizers are not recommended: it prevents rooting, development and conservation of plants in the winter.
- For landing, you should choose a site with a slightly acidic environment. Soil should retain moisture well and drain.
- For raspberries, you need to choose areas that are well lit during the day, with deeply located underground waters that are not prone to moisture accumulation after irrigation.
- It is not recommended to grow raspberries near potatoes, tomatoes and strawberries.
- For ordinary planting, it is desirable to arrange plants from north to south or from northeast to southwest.
After planting, the plants also need competent care throughout the season: the systematic removal of weeds, loosening of the soil around the bushes, the abundant introduction of organic matter with a large amount of potassium (the use of mineral potash fertilizers must be reduced). The best organic fertilizer for this variety is rotted manure. It is introduced in early autumn or spring, at the rate of 3 kg per square meter of landings. Fertilizing should be accompanied by abundant watering: this improves the absorption of nutrients by plants.
When growing raspberries, it is very important to systematically process the bushes from diseases and pests. In this case, you can use both folk remedies and special chemicals.
We also suggest that you familiarize yourself with the varietal characteristics of raspberries of the Kuzmina Novosti variety.
Self-made raspberries The award is very popular in home gardening in central Russia. This winter and drought tolerant variety is capable of producing from each bush 2-2.5 kg of a fairly large berry of universal purpose.
Reviews confirm that the berries are not subject to storage and transportation. Also, the variety is characterized by low shoot-forming ability, which reduces the possibility of self-propagation of raspberries.
How to increase raspberry crop
With proper care, the productivity of the Rada Rada variety is consistently 100-120 kg per hundred square meters of planting area.